Monday, July 9, 2007

Hike

We went on a hike yesterday to a mountain called Sivec. We first picked op our neighbor Guido and then drove about 20 minutes outside of Kosice. The walk was almost all up hill, through trees and high meadows. The closer we got to the top the rockier it got. Finally at the end we were climbing over the rocks and looking for flatter routes. It was very much worth the hike. The views from the top were amazing! You could see all the way to the High Tatras ( the mountains, think Rockies). The lake below was stretched out for miles!
The walk down was just as interesting. The whole family including Guido was trying to be careful and not fall and of course I had to be the one to fall on my butt. I popped right back up but man it hurt!! I landed right on a large rock, in fact I have a large bruise on my butt in the shape of the rock!
All and all it was a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

No comments: